ExoHiker™was designed for carrying heavy loads during long missions.
- Weight: 31 lbf including power unit, batteries and on-board computer
- Payload: 150 lbf while the wearer feels no load
- Noise: virtually imperceptible
- Mission Duration: without small pack-mounted solar panel: 42 miles for a pound of battery (Lithium Polymer) at the average speed 2.5 mph. With a small solar panel, its mission time will be unlimited.
Example: Due to an unprecedented actuation and power delivery technology, an 80 W-hour battery which weighs 1.2 pounds is sufficient to power this exoskeleton to carry 150 pound of load for 21 hours while the wearer feels no load on her/his shoulder.
- Interface: small hand-held LCD display
- Special features: easy-stow™retractable legs, quick release emergency egress from backpack and/or exoskeleton, and unfettered driving of vehicles while wearing the exo.
The construction of ExoHiker™was completed in February 2005.
Watch a video of the ExoHiker™in action.